Minimum Workstation Hardware and Network Connectivity
Personal Computer system per user
- 3.0 Ghz or faster CPU
- 8GB RAM or greater
- 20GB free hard disk space
- Monitor: 20” LCD or larger having a resolution of 1280 X 1024 or higher
- 100Mbps (or faster) switched network connection
Please note that the software listed below is subject to change by XIFIN as well as by respective vendors as they cease support for older products. Clients should plan to upgrade third-party software products so that vendor support is available and to meet XIFIN’s minimum requirements. XIFIN does not provide support for third-party products and Clients using unsupported third-party products do so at their own risk. XIFIN will not provide software, services, or support for issues or incompatibilities that arise from the use of unsupported/obsolete third-party products.
- Microsoft Windows 10 or later or Macintosh OSX 10+ operating system
- The following web browsers:
- Chrome - latest Stable Channel release (version 58) or later
- Firefox – latest Extended Support Release or (version 68) or later
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium based)
- PDF viewer such as Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Java SE Runtime Environment 7 (JRE 7) or Java SE Runtime Environment 8 (JRE 8) (available from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html). PCs will need to be configured to allow the JAR files to be loaded to the Web Start directory at a future date. Upgrades to Order Entry will try to download a new set of files and save them to the local disk.
- Please Note: XIFIN has upgraded the Order Entry Application to support Open JDK11 (https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/JDKUpdates/JDK11u) & OpenWebStart, It is highly recommend that customers using Order Entry upgrade as soon as possible. Detailed instructions can be found here.
Customer Network Connectivity
- XIFIN services require no special consideration with respect to bandwidth beyond that of any typical Internet site.
- XIFIN does not generally recommend specific connection types as different clients have different numbers of users and non-XIFIN business processes that share the same connection throughout the day. Sufficient network bandwidth does need to exist to ensure adequate response times for users of the XIFIN systems. XIFIN highly recommends regular, careful monitoring of both average and peak utilization, and proactive adjustments (be they QoS, dedicated channels, higher-bandwidth connections, etc) as necessary.
- XIFIN recommends the network path from the customer workstations to the XIFIN facility be free of any proxy servers as this may cause connectivity and performance problems. If proxy servers are used, please coordinate with XIFIN to verify your configuration does not cause such problems.
- If a content filtering system is in use, please coordinate with XIFIN to verify your configuration does not cause connectivity and performance problems.
- For non-automated (user) interaction with the XIFIN SFTP site, XIFIN recommends the free SFTP client Filezilla: http://filezilla-project.org/
- For automated interaction with the XIFIN SFTP site, we recommend the free OpenSSH client for Windows or Unix.
Revision 6 - April 21, 2021 - 12:48 PM