Founded by Dr. Behzad Noorbehesht, Palms Imaging Center is comprised of four board-certified physicians, serving patients throughout Ventura County, CA. The practice operates a freestanding imaging center in Oxnard, CA and provides onsite and referral diagnostic imaging services for a regional clinic system, catering to 100,000 underserved patients in the region.
Dr. Noorbehesht established the practice after 20 years of training and experience in the field. Following medical school at the University of Miami, Dr. Noorbehesht completed an internship and residency training in Diagnostic Radiology at Stanford University. He continued at Stanford with a clinical fellowship in Abdominal Imaging and a research fellowship in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). He then spent 15 years as a partner in two successful radiology practices and served as the medical director of St. John's Regional Imaging Center (part of Dignity Health). In 2006, Dr. Noorbehesht formed Palms Imaging Center.
Since its inception, the practice philosophy has been laser focused on customer service and serving patients. “My philosophy is that if you take care of customers, they send you more patients and the financial results will follow,” stated Dr. Noorbehesht. “You feel good because you are doing the right thing and everyone benefits,” he continued. To support the growth of the practice, Dr. Noorbehesht wanted his team to focus on delivering excellence in diagnostic imaging services and patient care, while utilizing a select group of outsourced providers to manage supporting services. To this end, he engaged a consulting firm to provide a short list of vendor options and conducted a rigorous evaluation of each candidate.
As the interviews were completed, XIFIN CMS became the obvious choice. Dr. Noorbehesht concluded the company was not only an expert outsourced billing provider, but also a business partner that offered a full complement of revenue cycle management services, fluency in complex regulatory requirements, competent IT support, strong analytics capabilities, and a shared passion for customer service.
XIFIN CMS provides Palm Imaging Center with a comprehensive revenue cycle management solution comprised of technology, integrations, analytics, IT support, and services to manage artificial intelligence-driven coding, billing, payment management, hospital credentialing, payor credentialing and enrollment, regulatory support, and more.
Throughout the partnership with XIFIN CMS, the team at Palms Imaging Center has been delighted with the level of service. According to Dr. Noorbehesht, XIFIN CMS has reliably managed billing services, helping maximize financial results. Credentialing and regulatory compliance have been other impactful areas, with XIFIN CMS offering the right expertise and service to proactively keep operations running smoothly and in good standing. Dr. Noorbehesht also detailed a number of value-added XIFIN CMS contributions that have impacted the trajectory of his practice:
- Supported payor negotiations, ensuring profitability for managed care and workers’ compensation contracts.
- Provided strategic consulting that ultimately helped secure a flourishing relationship with a regional clinic system. Palms Imaging Center is now the onsite, sole, or preferred provider of technical and/or professional component services to all 15 facilities in the system.
- Supported business development efforts and negotiations with county healthcare leadership. Ultimately, diagnostic imaging services slated to be managed inhouse by the county were referred to Palms Imaging Center.
- Helped solidify a business relationship to provide professional component services to a leading health system.
- Facilitated a bilateral partnership for professional component services with one of the largest physician-owned practices in the US.
“Going by my own experience, I think a lot of radiology practices could really benefit working with XIFIN CMS. Whether they are managing billing in-house or working with some other outside vendor, some practices may know they are not getting what they need. Others do not even know how good it can be.” - Dr. Noorbehesht