We recently introduced the newest iteration of our cloud-based laboratory information system (LIS), XIFIN LIS 8. This is yet another example of our continued commitment and investment toward improving operational, clinical and financial outcomes for diagnostic providers.
XIFIN LIS 8 introduces several new capabilities informed by customer and market input. For example, earlier this year we conducted a survey that revealed that digital transformation and better testing support are important needs for diagnostic providers. As COVID-19 emphasized the importance of diagnostic data, drove higher test volumes, and accelerated the need for remote access for pathologists, the adoption of digital pathology came to the forefront for many labs. These trends also spotlighted the need for SaaS solutions to support the dynamic shift in how labs intake tests, increase throughput and better communicate test results.
New Capabilities in XIFIN LIS 8 Help Labs Adapt to Current and Future Needs
According to the study conducted by XIFIN, more than 30% of lab respondents indicated that their current LIS had gaps in its ability to meet their testing needs or didn’t adequately support their testing needs. As many labs look to expand both their test menus and the use of testing equipment to capitalize on early investments, an investment in new SaaS technologies can support these goals.
XIFIN LIS 8 offers multi-specialty workflows, interoperability with artificial intelligence-driven digital pathology solutions, multi-system integrations, and the enterprise grade infrastructure, security and connectivity. Specific capabilities include:
- Greater Scalability: Labs gain the system scalability needed to handle some of the largest lab volumes in the country (approximately 100,000 daily accessions per performing lab).
- Integrated Digital Pathology: XIFIN LIS 8 works with the Concentriq® digital pathology platform from Proscia® and the latest Leica GT450 platform, providing pathologists with a streamlined, flexible workflow.
- Improved Connectivity: Enhancements include support for clinical trials through automated testing output for third-party consumption.
- Document Storage and Patient Portal Access: XIFIN LIS 8 provides the ability for documents and test results to be stored and then published and accessed through the XIFIN patient portal.
- Enhanced Configurability and Role-Based User Experience: The system offers set-up options by laboratory, job role or individual user along with worklist filter capabilities to quickly take the user to the precise data they want to see and allows clients to configure their own interfaces, reducing turn-around-times.
- Optimized User Experience: With redesigned case status screens, users can now see all relevant case information in one place – including client, patient and order information, concurrent cases, historic cases, billing information, case audit trails, tags, and workflow.
Cernostics is using the Concentriq digital pathology platform from Proscia and integrating it with the XIFIN LIS. According to Dr. Rebecca Critchley-Thorne, co-founder and CSO of Cernostics, they will be using these solutions together to rapidly scale their precision medicine business model and accelerate adoption of the TissueCypher Barrett's Esophagus Assay, the world's first precision medicine test to predict the risk of future development of esophageal cancer in patients with Barrett's esophagus. The solutions will also help Cernostics streamline collaboration amongst multidisciplinary teams of cancer biologists, artificial intelligence scientists, and pathologists to accelerate the development of novel AI-driven precision medicine solutions.
Learn more about how XIFIN LIS 8 can help your organization improve scalability and flexibility to meet the demands of the dynamic diagnostics market at https://www.xifin.com/LIS8.